THE 80/20 RULE

The 80/20 rule is a guideline that suggests that you should strive to eat healthy, nutritious foods 80% of the time and indulge in less healthy foods 20% of the time.

This means that you should aim to eat whole, nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats for 80% of your meals. The other 20% of the time, you can enjoy less nutritious foods such as processed snacks, desserts, and fast food in moderation.

The 80/20 rule is a flexible approach to healthy eating, allowing for occasional treats and indulgences without completely derailing your healthy eating habits. It’s important to note that the rule is not a pass to eat unhealthy foods all the time, but rather a balance between healthy and less healthy foods that can be sustained in the long term.

  • 80% of the foods you eat should be healthy, whole foods. The other 20% should be foods you enjoy!
  • Nutrition doesn’t always have to be 100% restrictive, boring, and tasteless.
  • Learn to create a balance between the foods that will help you move towards your fat loss goals, and the foods that you enjoy!


If you are ready to take control of your health and fitness, we invite you to get in touch to schedule a free consultation today.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *